Friday, July 18, 2014

Cardinal crankiness



We have a lot of cardinals on our property.  They are absolutely gorgeous birds, especially in the winter when we are starved for color.  But there’s one that sits in the bush by our front window (one of the few windows that we can actually open!) and cheeps incessantly.  Not a pretty bird song, just a monotonous loud “CHEEP.  CHEEP.  CHEEP.  that keeps on going for hours.

Photo of a cardinal I took a few years ago, at a different house. I think he’s in a maple tree.
I actually thought it was a cricket at first, it was that sort of annoying sound.  Most days I can pretty much ignore it, but today my head is killing me and I wish he would just pick another bush, maybe one at the back of the house.


I wish I had taken a great photo of the cardinals this winter, but alas, my 2007 camera died last year, then this year my cheap replacement camera died, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment