Sunday, October 23, 2011

Color & Creativity


2011-10-22 Saturday

For several years I’ve been trying to BLOG to deal with some of the STRESS in my life.  But my writing has been very sporadic.  Often my head feels empty, but actually it is so FULL that it’s like white noise – nothing distinct.  I waste hours and hours on the Internet.  So maybe it’s time to go “old school” and pick up a pen again.  Or, better yet, colored pencils!  I used to be a reasonably good artist (when I was a child) – so why not try again?  After all, who is the judge of what is “good” in art?  And I’ll never get any better if I don’t try.  So on Monday, after seeing my therapist, I bought this sketchbook and some watercolor pencils.

Let’s see what I can do!

Ok, here's a close-up that's been color-corrected:




2011-10-22 Saturday (page 2)

OK, so I’m not terribly impressed with my first effort.  But that doesn’t mean I will give up!

I really MUST get out of this depression and do “something productive” with my life!

WHAT do I want to do with my Life?

It’s really quite SIMPLE.



Is this what they call “naïve art?”   

"You’re pretty naïve if you think that’s art!"

I am obsessed with owning a home.  Even if it’s a tiny house.  Even if it’s on wheels.  I am so tired of living out of boxes.



2011-10-22 Saturday ((Page 3))

So I can see that this will be a very time-consuming way to journal….

I have so much to say, but it just doesn’t want to come out right now.  The crazy amount of SUGAR I’ve consumed today may have something to do with it….

NOT A VEGETABLE IN SIGHT

I am a man
Of constant sorrow…
I’ve seen trouble
All my days…

Next week I am going halfway across the country to help out my mother-in-law.  I really want to take my little dog with me, but my husband says “NO!”  My dog is my surrogate child.  I am very dependent on her.  And she is very dependent on me.  I may be gone for several months… and I am terrified that she will die of a broken heart.



 2011-10-22 Saturday (((page 4)))

No comments:

Post a Comment